Thursday, January 16, 2014

Trip to the Moon | Le Voyage dans la Lune


Filmed in 1902 when space exploration was still just a concept in everyone’s mind, A Trip to the Moon exemplifies man’s creative imagination. It captures the idea of the existence of extra-terrestrial life and the possibility of humans living outside the earth’s bounds.

The first few minutes of the silent film discombobulated me. I didn’t know what the men were talking about in the first place. It was just until when a man drew a moon on the blackboard that I finally started to pay attention. The film, overall, is quite eccentric and ridiculous; however, one must take into consideration the year when it was made, more than a century ago.

If I were one of the people who watched the first screening of this film, I would have left the movie house in awe. The film would really make me believe that there are aliens living in our moon. I would also end up dreaming of becoming an astronaut someday. The ideas in the film seem to be silly but seeing it the first time it was shown would make it surreal.


2013-45570
Jennylyn S. Cancejo

No comments:

Post a Comment