Thursday, January 16, 2014

Remake: All the Time in the World A Revision of the November 20, 1959 Twilight Zone Episode in a Modern Context of a Blog

Remake: All the Time in the World
A Revision of the November 20, 1959 Twilight Zone Episode
in a Modern Context of a Blog

“Be careful what you wish for ‘cause you just might get it” I should’ve pondered upon this quote before everything happened… before my family died, before I was fired and before I wished that I could have time for myself to do my yoga, cause if I did… I wouldn’t get stuck on this island with this low-batt laptop. I just wanted my life to be peaceful and orderly! What’s wrong with that? I just wanted everything to be quiet so that I can do yoga. No cellphones so that I won’t be bothered by calls, no laptops so that I won’t be distracted by all the work I have to do, no cars so that there won’t be any wooshing noise every time I want to do it at the balcony, no gadgets! Exactly! NO GADGETS! I just wanted a life with no gadgets! but I guess I didn’t wish for it to be temporary, that’s why my imaginary fairy of wishes took it away permanently. Now I’m left with all this regret. Why didn’t I join my family for the plane trip to Hawaii instead of attending the yoga convention? Why didn’t I set the alarm as I was doing yoga during the day of the meeting with those stupid investors? Why did I jump off that unnoticed sinking tow ship and swam all the way here cause I love the scenery and wanted to do my yoga? Why DO I love yoga? Yet yoga’s my life! I can’t do anything without yoga in the morning, afternoon and evening. It gives me strength. It enlightens me. But... but… what is life without people? without family? friends? What is life without love? As I’m blogging this, tears are running down my soiled cheeks as I’m looking at the swiss knife beside me. I want a life with love, a life worth living for. I can’t say that I don’t care what happens then ‘cause right now… I’m alone… in this island with a low-batt la





This is the recovered blog that was written by Kelly Fortunato, a blogger of yoga in Mexico, before she was found dead in the island of Clipperton by a marine biologist on January 7, 2012. It was possibly written around 5:30 in the evening as this was stored in the laptop’s memory. As her body was being scanned for autopsy, it was determined that she died because of an attack of an unknown beast during a mentally-calm state. It was assumed that after her laptop got discharged, she pursued doing yoga because of the scenery of the sunset and was attacked in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment